2. What Are CLA Supplements & Why Are They Required?
- Different types of vitamin supplements are available in health stores & CLA supplement supplements is are one of them. CLA is also known as Conjugated Linoleic Acid. It belongs to the category of omega-6 fatty acids It can benefit us in many ways. Let’s explore how. But before diving into the benefits section let’s know a little more about CLA.
2. What Is CLA?
- As we have discussed CLA consists of omega-6 fatty acids. According to the American Heart Association (AHA), these are polyunsaturated fats that are beneficial for our hearts. Technically CLAs are trans fats that are unhealthy in most cases. However, CLAs are natural trans fats therefore, they don’t harm us as compared to the other trans fats that are artificially created. According to the research, industrial fats can have a bad impact on our heart while natural trans fats are bound by a certain limit which is why they do not affect our heart.
2. What Are The Health Benefits?
CLA supplements providesprovides certain health benefits. Most people intake CLA for weight loss but when it comes to the results, the outcomes are mixed. Office of Dietary Supplements (ODS) claims that ‘CLA can be helpful to reduce only a small amount of fat’. Hence, it is known for weight loss. So, the benefits of CLA are:
- Weight loss
– Helps in bodybuilding
– Protects the heart
- Weight loss
- As we all know that atherosclerosis (hardening of arteries) is very risky for our heart. It is caused due to plaque build-up in the arteries. According to research done in 2018, people who are consuming the CLA supplements areare protected from atherosclerosis.
4. Where to get the CLA from?
- Well, CLA can be consumed by having food rich in CLA like other vitamins. CLA supplements are also available in the market. The sources of CLA are as follows.
- Meat & Dairy– Food products like meat & dairy are rich sources of CLA. Animal-based products like milk, cheese, and meat consist of a great amount of CLA. Also, it depends on farming techniques. If they are processed then the chances of CLA are lower. However, CLA is present in a great amount in the products of grass-fed animals as compared to grain-fed animals.
- CLA Supplements– You can easily find out CLA supplements in the form of pills or syrup at any health store. These supplements are available in different concentrations. So, look for supplements containing 80% CLA for better results.
- CLA supplements providesprovides certain health benefits. Most people intake CLA for weight loss but when it comes to the results, the outcomes are mixed. Office of Dietary Supplements (ODS) claims that ‘CLA can be helpful to reduce only a small amount of fat’. Hence, it is known for weight loss. So, the benefits of CLA are: